Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Bluetooth Mobile Adhoc Network Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi folks

I'm searching for an implementation to any Mobile Adhoc Network routing protocol that supports Dynamic Bluetooth Network ..

Any help ?

Not a piconet .. but a whole scatternet .. and for dynamic users (not stationary Bluetooth devices) ..

The only docs and links I have for Bluetooth Stacks which support ScatterNet are Open Source:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

openscatternet

openscatternet Wiki

**broken link removed**

Hope you find something of interest in these docs.

I'll be posting these links and more information relevant to Bluetooth in the new group:

Embedded Wireless Networks

I just starting to compile all my Bluetooth information and will start a couple of threads dedicated to Bluetooth topics. I constantly adding items to the group as I find them, so you may want to check the postings from time to time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks bigdogguru ..

Have you tried simulating any Bluetooth Mobile Adhoc Network using network simulators like NS2 or OpNet ?

Actually, I have not, but it's on the table for a future project.

I've always been fascinated by wireless networks and have designed and built commericial application usings WiFi, ZigBee, MiWi and RF Technologies. While researching other topics I occasionally come across a Bluetooth related item and I've been compiling them into a database for future projects. I was planning to order a selection of half a dozen various Bluetooth modules to setup a Bluetooth network testbed. It seems that I've been bidding more and more Bluetooth based embedded projects. Although, so far, I haven't won any Bluetooth contracts, it's only a matter of time.

I'll checkout the simulators you mentioned, NS2 and OpNet. Are they the simulation platforms you'll be using for your project?

I'm still investigating on which simulator to use .. Definitely OpNet will be great, but it's not free .. NS2 & now NS3 are free .. and can be installed on Linux .. I tried installing NS3 today but it's giving me hard time debugging the error messages .. plus the feedback coming from the internet is not making me optimistic regarding using it .. people keep saying it's too bugy ..
Anyhow, OpNet seems more professional and not just for academics .. I'll try to get it ..
I'm trying now to collect enough data about all available routing algorithms for bluetooth mobile adhoc networks .. and see which was already implemented and tested ..
If you want to team with me, you are most welcome .. I'm an ASIC/FPGA designer with 12+ years of experience .. most of them were in designing wireless chips.

Dear omara007 and bigdogguru, I have seen your posts, as I was also searching for simulating Bluetooth scatternet using OpNet, as omar rightly said that NS2 and NS3 are not very user friendly, I think that Bluetooth simulation is possible in OpNet but I have just started OpNet tutorials, so would be able to comment on it later, although there is a Bluetooth module available for the same purpose. Hope to get benifit from you guys. Thanks

Ya even i am looking for the same..Thanks guys for your help!!Even i have heard about the bluetooth router a lot.

Have you guys achieved any success regarding simulating Bluetooth Scatternet using OpNet ? ..

Actually, a very good friend gave me a new copy of OPNET, his company does large Cisco network simulations with OPNET.

So hopefully I get around to simulating a Bluetooth network with OPNET. I've been too busy at the moment with contract projects.

BigDog

dear friends

i need bluetooth model network in opnet or ns2 for my project.

i find HSBT for ns2-2.29 but is hard working ns and it

i find "Inter-Piconet Scheduling in Bluetooth Scatternets"implement by opnet and
"Simulation of Bluetooth Network Lennart Lagerstedt Stockholm, 2003 Master of Science Thesis Project
but inot find file model bluetooth for add in opnet please help me.
thank you

dear frieands

i download site Tooth and add in opnet 14 and opnet 10.5 but is not worked.
in help suite tooth wrote this model run in opnet 9.1 ,i downloaded opnet 9.1 and install bat i coud not got correct license from opnet, i went in site opnet and got lisence but opnet is not worked

---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

dear friend.

in help suite tooth wrote this model run in opnet 9.1 ,i downloaded opnet 9.1 and install bat i coud not got correct license from opnet, i went in site opnet and got lisence but opnet is not worked

thanks

Have you checked out Highland Systems, SuiteTooth:

BigDog

thanks

I've never actually used SuiteTooth, so unfortunately I'm unable to advise you on its installation.

I would hope SuiteTooth would be compatible with the more recent versions of OPNET and that downgrading to v9.1 would not be necessary.

Does the SuiteTooth documentation indicate any specific compatibility with particular versions of OPNET?

BigDog

I've never actually used SuiteTooth, so unfortunately I'm unable to advise you on its installation.

I would hope SuiteTooth would be compatible with the more recent versions of OPNET and that downgrading to v9.1 would not be necessary.

Does the SuiteTooth documentation indicate any specific compatibility with particular versions of OPNET?

BigDog

bluetooth simulation
thank you for help me

in document suite tooth wrote:"The version of the SuiteTooth model suite provided with this document will run with version 9.1.A of OPNET™ Modeler on a Windows operating system".

I add suitr tooth in opnet 10.5 and 14 when clic for runinig this error show:"Mmi Ets library symbol load error:
unable to find function (SuiteTooth_event_handler)
in shared module (C:\Documents and Settings\a\op_models\SuiteTooth\SuiteTooth_ets\sui tetooth_event_handler.so)"

I need for simulation bluetooth i dont know work?

Any one used the ConnectBlue OBS433 module that works as a Bluetooth repeater to extend the range of the Bluetooth and build a scatternet?

hello... can any one help me in my final year project??? i want to make fyp on OPNET ... kindly give me ideas or previous projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.