Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[HELP] ESD designation puzzles me

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyjackcao

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear Sir/Lady
I'm from China,I am puzzled ESD designation;I have been in ESD circuit/layout design for 4 years, however my designation is based on the FAB's guideline and my experence. Thus there is no detail simulation data to predict my ESD circuit's characteristic, it puzzle me.
When there is no MPW choce for ESD, ESD designation scares me.

I list my steps of ESD design.
1),I will distinguish every PAD according their voltage and type. there are digital input PAD, digital output PAD, analogy input PAD, analogy output PAD, Power PAD, GND PAD, and some special PAD(for examp: -7V to 12.5V PAD etc.)
2), I will establish an ESD path with selecting every type PAD
3), I will select ESD device for every type PAD to TLP data and advice afforded by FAB
4), my leader will check my circuit and layout

What's pity, there is no simulation/test data to predict my ESD circuit's characteristic
Thus, I resquest help. I want to know the way of design ESD circuit and layout from you
I will appreciate for you kind help.
I am looking forward to your kind answer!

yours andyjackcao
my email:andyjackcao@sina.com.cn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back