Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

When to get spef file

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowlyy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm trying to get SPEF for a thermal simulation. It seems that with SoC Encounter, I have to finish detailed routing then after RC extract, I can save SPEF. Can I get SPEF at earlier stage, such as after placement? If Encounter can't do that, is there any other tools can do that? What data is needed before I get SPEF and till when I can get SPEF?

Thank you!

Hi wowlyy,

I dont think you can extract SPEF earlier as to extract the parasitics information you need the layout details of the design..

cheers,

Thanks Phoenixpavan. My friend told me that the SPEF can be extracted after global routing, but I still can't do it with SoC Encounter. Is it true that we can get SPEF after global routing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back