Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

power supply to my old Skil 2972.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOrry; i dont understand completely.
i have tried to just put a 19v - 24 v power adapter on my drill and like you say, not enough amps to power it.

My understanding so far is
the bridge rectifier = ac (120v) ==> down to dc voltage( ?? ); then
take a 250W lighting ballast and wire to cap. voltage doubler?
or
take your circuit and add the voltage doubler ?

Again; your schematic seems doable, but the 120ac voltage changes everything.

Questions:
1. why use output filtering chains
2. why use bug iron transformer from an old ups

is it to maintain the amps?

thanks again!

-naitek

i have tried to just put a 19v - 24 v power adapter on my drill
first of all, it is necessary to hear your drill parameters
1. why use output filtering chains
possible try without it, but for correct functioning of the drill i think better use filtering for output current
2. why use bug iron transformer from an old ups
because for beginners this much more simply and safely than schemes with high-frequency converters. And yes - "big" for maintain the amps. The scheme is very simply - 120VAC>>fuze>>transfomer>>12VAC>>rectifier>>2200uF capacitor as filter>>12VDC(17V at standby)>>your drill.
Certainly it is not necessary use transformer exactly from UPS, but it obtains easier since old UPS often throw on scramble.

I think lighting ballasts selled in your place already adjusted for functioning at 120V

Last edited:

craftsman 3/8 in 19.2 volt
I think it`s engine has around 150W power if define it on drill exterior. In such case needs 18V 10A power supply.

120VAC->fuse->50 (or 60) Hz transformer with iron core->18VAC->rectifier -> like that, to be short - >**broken link removed**

wow. makes a lot of sense and i can see photos . you have been extremely helpful. When i am done with this project, i
shall let you see and share.. thanks again..

hey DeepOne. Is there a reason why you said choose hf lighting ballast? just wanting to understand more. thanks

Simple it's easy to find and buy. However using the specific microcircuits like IR2153 does result more predictable.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.