Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] AC analysis in Simetrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

hithesh123

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I just downloaded and started using simetrix last week.

I read the tutorial. But I still can't get the AC simulation right.

The amplitude vs. freq plot shows zero amplitude.
The circuit I am trying to simulate is a comparator (with reference voltage and hysteresis). seeattachment.

Attachments

• LM311 comparator whyst.png
    LM311 comparator whyst.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 79

When you do an AC analysis you need at least one voltage source to have 'AC 1' for its parameters, or some other value. However, you cannot measure a comparator's hysteresis with an AC analysis - you need to use a DC or Transient analysis.

Keith

When you do an AC analysis you need at least one voltage source to have 'AC 1' for its parameters, or some other value. However, you cannot measure a comparator's hysteresis with an AC analysis - you need to use a DC or Transient analysis.

Keith

I am not trying to measure the hysteresis with AC analysis. I just want to do an AC analysis and look at the Vout Vs freq plot.
Can you explain the AC_1 parameter?
Do you mean an AC voltage source?
I thought the waveform generator was good enough.

You won't get a sensible AC plot from a comparator. AC analysis is small signal - a comparator operates in large signal mode.

For an AC analysis you need a voltage source like your V3 not a waveform which is only for Transient analysis. If you edit V3 (click on it & hit F7) you will see an option to enable the AC source. If you do that (with a magnitude of 1) then you will see V3 7 0 AC 1 DC 330m appear in the netlist, or something similar.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back