Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cadence layout problem along with some with lvs problem very urgent plz reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipanjan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i started using umc_18_cmos library very recently for a design and am trying to create layout . i have this problem with the contacts....i dont seem to have all contacts ....the contacts definations or models are missing....when i try to generate contacts ....i get error message contacts dont exists.
also i am using m1-pdiff contact for body contact of nmos with ground in psubstrate....
wat i generally do is i create any number of nmos in the psubstrate that is the entire design region and then just put the body contacts at the metal wire denoting ground and it works....however when i am using here the gnd body connection stays as incomplete.

as for my LVS results all seven pins in my schematic are showing mismatch
though hen i am probing from the debug window of LVS the corresponding nets are getting selected in both svhematic and layout.....
my question is if the tool is identifying each contact and the corresponding net properly why is the mismatch?
i am using ME1 for contact material
i have used no labels in the layout

you are not the first person reporting issues in assura LVS with umc18 PDK, I do not have Assura so my help is limited in that area. If you have Calibre it works well in that PDK

As of the contact problem, it is not clear: which contacts are you missing? you keep saying that you were able to use m1-pdiff; the contacts are defined in the tech library and there are no context files to load explicitly... did you attach the tech library to your design library? please provide more details if you want some help

you are not the first person reporting issues in assura LVS with umc18 PDK, I do not have Assura so my help is limited in that area. If you have Calibre it works well in that PDK

As of the contact problem, it is not clear: which contacts are you missing? you keep saying that you were able to use m1-pdiff; the contacts are defined in the tech library and there are no context files to load explicitly... did you attach the tech library to your design library? please provide more details if you want some help

i do not have calibre but neways it got solved ......seems in umc_18_cmos its not enuf to gen pins but u need to label them with same material to pass lvs.

on the second and more pressing issue.......i have been working on umc_18_cmos library and this library doesnot have ne contacts...like when i generate layout from layout xl and try to create contacts it says no this contact doesnot exist in umc_18_cmos...

actually i have two diff servers.....in one everything is fine and i did my design and got to lvs....in the other the library got corrupted and the contacts seem not to exist

now in the one everything is working
i see a separate folder apart from umc_18_cmos with all contact info
i tried adding that folder to the cadence folder of the new server it wont work....

its like umc_18_cmos is the tech folder and all contact info shud be in it...so tell me if i have anather folder with contact info how can i add that info to the umc tech file
it wont allow me to copy the contact files into umc_18_cmos folder

are you using IC5 or IC6?
are your two servers looking at the same design library (e.g. NFS mount) or at different ones?
If they are different, did you attach the techlibrary to your design library that does not work?
Can you explain what do you mean with separate contact info?
Can you place the contact manually when layout XL fails?

are you using IC5 or IC6?
are your two servers looking at the same design library (e.g. NFS mount) or at different ones?
If they are different, did you attach the techlibrary to your design library that does not work?
Can you explain what do you mean with separate contact info?
Can you place the contact manually when layout XL fails?

i am using ic5 if...more precisely IC5141ISR ....i believe that was whatt u were asking...\
no the two servers are not looking at the same library ....as in they dont share data....
yes even with the other library i have attached the tech file ....actually i can create schematics and generate layout ...all instatnces appear but i cannot create a contact of any type...

what i mean by seperate contact info is .......when i create a cadence work directory i link umc_18_cmos library to it and when working on a design i create a library in this folder or directory and then attach umc_18_cmos....winthin umc_18_cmos i have all model files....p_18_mm n_18_mm etc.....but in the server that i am working now also has anather directory within it....call say umc_new and within it i c only model files for contact M1_poly m1_m2 and so on.....

i guess wat problem i have faced on the other server sumone must have faced here and done sumthing to solve it.....i copied this folder to the other work directory but as tech file i can only attach umc_18_cmos....and this folder is not hlping.....of cource i cant copy these defination to umc_18_cmos......
any idea what this is about

The UMC18 PDK is very simple and self-contained so, if someone messed up the technology library, all you need is to copy over from the other server the tech library that works and change your cds.lib to point to it. This is a lot simpler than trying to fix someone else's mess.
Once you have copied the other library make it readonly just to avoid messing this one up by accident

The UMC18 PDK is very simple and self-contained so, if someone messed up the technology library, all you need is to copy over from the other server the tech library that works and change your cds.lib to point to it. This is a lot simpler than trying to fix someone else's mess.
Once you have copied the other library make it readonly just to avoid messing this one up by accident

i am sorry i m not so good at this....can u tell me how to change the cds.lib to pint to it after i have copied it???

i am sorry i m not so good at this....can u tell me how to change the cds.lib to pint to it after i have copied it???

- Exit Cadence
- from a unix terminal make a copy of the techlib directory to wherever you keep your libraries e.g.
scp -rp <server-name>:<full-path-to-tech-library> <directory-where-you-want-the-copy-including-/>
OR
rsync -avz <server-name>:<full-path-to-tech-library> <directory-where-you-want-the-copy-including-/>
- open cds.lib (in the directory where you launch cadence) with a text editor and modify the line where the techlibrary is defined; the new line will look something like
DEFINE umc18cmos directory-where-you-want-the-copy-including-/umc18cmos
use the correct name of your techlibrary
- restart cadence and all design libraries will use your new copy as their techlibrary so everything should work in the same way as on the other server
- let us know how it went

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back