Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

xtr-115 and intrinsic safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowmeet

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'd been using the wonderful xtr-115 in a few design, mostly connived with a msp430, now I'd like that these apparatus get intrinsic safety compliance, there is over there a guide or suggestions circuits for intrinsic design ? I found a lot of paper about intrinsic barrier calculus, bu nothing about apparatus designs...

Best regards
Daniel H. Sagarra

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you intend to operate the XTR115 in the explosion-prone zone, powered by an intrinsic safe current loop?

In this case, you mainly have to avoid energy storage devices (larger capacitors and inductors) in your design, also the circuit must keep safe temperatures (according to the intended temperature class) when loaded with the power available in the intrinsic safe circuit.

A lot of details design rules applies, also special quality control requirements for the organisation. I suggest to contact a company, that is authorized to certify explosion proof equipment in your country.

If you are targetting to the international market, you should also get informations about the respective applicable standards.

Hi guys.. I' was asking technical docs like this
I guess, you won't learn intrinsic safe circuit design from a few "technical docs". You should refer to the respective safety standards. e.g. IEC 60079-11.

Thank you Fvm for your advice you are right, any way some tips from standards are really hardly to figure out, I'm looking for a few examples, like the an1535, including but xtr-11x device or someone similar, monolithic or not,

Best regards
Daniel H. Sagarra

Status
Not open for further replies.