Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Changing the frequency of house current

Status
Not open for further replies.

(bopeep)

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
frequence of house currrent

Is it easy to build/obtain a frequency converter that lowers the frequency of house current? I was told that the speed of an AC motor is dependant on the frequency to it. I'd like to slow down an AC motor that I have. Is there any known links to schematics on the internet? Thanks.

frequency + house +current

It is true if the motor is syncronous which is very doubtful.
It is not easy to change the frequency.It is much easier to change the voltage to the motor by some phase-control circuit.

Rectify the house current to get d.c. Then run a variable frequency inverter from it - Not a easy or inexpensive solution.

But this is used where the frequency must be absolutely stable. Do you need an accurate speed or just a variable speed?

You can buy Voltage/frequency=const. (V/F=const) regulators and then use it for such an application of induction motor (Tesla's motor).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back