Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unable to Send Data to remote server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sukrutsystem

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,

i am trying to send .dat file through GPRS to server , i read file in byte array of 128 and try to send but some time it does not gives response as SEND OK after sending ctrl+z, it only response as OK that's why i unable to receive that particular 128 byte data on server. i have made tcp connection.
done all coding in java for both GPRS client and server.
Thanks in advance

Hello ,

i am trying to send .dat file through GPRS to server , i read file in byte array of 128 and try to send but some time it does not gives response as SEND OK after sending ctrl+z, it only response as OK that's why i unable to receive that particular 128 byte data on server. i have made tcp connection.
done all coding in java for both GPRS client and server.
Thanks in advance

Hi...

I m also having same type of problem..actually i am from software engg..i built up server and client systems using sim900 gprs modems .but i have doubt.that
1.Can i send a file(.dat or .txt) using modem based (tcp/ip ) system?
2.Is that necessary that 2 gprs systems (client and server) are same network.(both r airtel like...)

Thank 'u' in advance.i am waiting for reply....

Hi,
vijay.jay5,
1. yes, it is possible to send file using GPRS modem, these device connects to internet and you can do anything with it. Problem is, GPRS is one of the least reliable connection and too slow for many applications. so sending large file through GPRS is difficult in real life.
2. It's not necessary to be in the same network(service providers), you just need IP address/port of server/client.

sukrutsystem,
give more details, like your hardware/software setup and sequence of AT commands.

Hi s_guria
I wanna download a 4MB file from an FTP Server

my GPRS modulw is SIM300
is it possible at all?
and if es, how? Help me my friend, I'm searching for couple of weeks! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back