Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bldc motor controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

fendertunes

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to spin a BLDC motor using FPGA. The overall setup will look something like this:

**broken link removed**

Are there ICs that have gate driver and h-bridge in one package? So all I would have to do is provide this IC phase high and low command signals from the FPGA? Something that can run a +12V motor?

The components you suggested make up the entire motor controller. I need just the middle portion from the block diagram (H-bridge + Gate driver). Something like this:

**broken link removed**

Except, it does not come in TH/PDIP style package.

I am using Actel Fusion FPGA, and the Fusion embedded kit: Fusion Embedded Development Kit

The Ishnatek guys do this in verilog, which I don't know. I am doing it in VHDL.

It's so hard to find motor drivers in DIP packs.

Thanks! I already did that. Product Index, PMIC - Motor Drivers, and chose application as three phase bldc motor drive or 3p motor drive, with throughole package. I may have to go with an h-bridge pack and separate gate driver IC. It would have been nice if it was in one package, it makes less room for error.

ok fine understood. If i find that, i let you know friend....

Last edited:

Few days back i found APEX PRECISION POWER(SA01 - 08 Series) has PMW amplifiers, that has in-built drivers with H-bridge.
you please go through them. there you can also control it through FPGA.
Good Luck

Best Regards
Anand

Status
Not open for further replies.