Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Coupling Rectifier Output to an Isolated Forward Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkseid

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am developing a system comprising of a three phase rectifier connected to an isolated forward converter. Both the systems are working individually when I simulated them on PSPICE, but when I am connecting the output of the rectifier as the input DC to the forward converter, PSPICE fails to converge. The following are the specs:

Rectifier Output: 40V DC (using an LC filter)
Forward converter output: 30V DC @ 1.5A

What all factors do we need to consider while coupling two or more systems.

regards
Darkseid

Sounds like an every days simulation problem. Possibly the converter simulation don't like zero input voltage. Try with suitable .IC settings. Also the isolation should be bypassed by a mnimal conductance (Mohm resistor).

What kind of isolation (along with bypass resistor) should i use between the rectifier output and forward converter input. Really appreciate your help.

You don't need any isolation. But if the simulation circuit contains floating parts, it may cause problems and should be bypassed with a highohmic resistor.

Hi

I tried giving initial voltage to the filter capacitor at the rectifier output. Also connected a 1 meg resistor to the ground for the forward converter. Still not converging.

In this case, you should analyze which circuit nodes fail to converge and try to understand the reason. In some cases, adjustment of transient analysis parameters can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back