Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does it mean that AD converter has 1Msps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

epp

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
AD with 1Msps

I got for free some AD converter with mark 1Msps. I suppose that it is some kind of its working speed but what does it mean?

AD with 1Msps

I think that 1Mbps is speed of sample and hold. It is mean that you can use ADC with sample's speed 1Mbps to convert accuraly a sign which have maximize frequency <=0.5Mbps. It is match with Nyquist theory.

Re: AD with 1Msps

1 mega (or is it million?) samples per second. That's the max of what the A/D is speced to do. However, according to nyquist theorem, 1MSPs can detect signals up to a maximum frequency of half that. Google around for it if you do not have any knowledge on signal theory.

Re: AD with 1Msps

I m sure... if they are saying that the ADC is of 1MSPS.... it wont go upto that... thats for sure.... and performance will not be good at 1MSPS....
so take care fo that...
Previopusly I also found the same problem with 100MSPS ADC

Status
Not open for further replies.