Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCL filter for three phase active rectifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

borisxyz

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I have a question about LCL filter typically used with active front end (active rectifier). The filter is inserted between three phase power supply and the active front end to minimize PWM harmonics and meet THD/TDD requirements.

I am trying to understand what is the advantage in connecting capacitors in such a filter in Y configuration instead of having them connected in delta?. I believe delta is better as it will reduce current though the caps. Also, delta will reduce needed capacitance for the same cutoff frequency by a factor of three (compared to Y configuration). Inspite of all that, some major manufacturers prefer to use Y connection. Can some one explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.