Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Design Precautions :Gate Drive Mosfet (Power)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayakrishnanj

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am PWB Layout engineer, I got a question, How do you route and what are all precautionary thing you take care for Gate Drive mosfet or Power Mosfet in PWB/PCB.

If you are concerning to Layout directives the main care is distance between Power mosfet and output driver.
The routed capacitance is at the same magnitude order of that at power mosfet and increases the slew rate of switching OFF-ON ( wich increases wasted power dissipation inside device ).

Of course the track must support Vgs peak current.

+++

Thanks, Can u also tell me about the placement of components in PCB and distance between them and other circuits

jayakrishnanj,

About placement issues, if possible, you should avoid to put inductive and and sparking components too close from others.
About distance issues, maybe it is not a new information to you, but I take special care to minimize interconections distances, and this task consumes considerable time ( note that some mistake during this step impacts on furthers ). I try to place them linearly, in order to minimize the need of intercrossing the tracks.

+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back