Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Op-amp datasheet confusion (output voltage swing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanvv

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
For the AD8270:

Is it just me or do the table and figure contradict each other?

XaXWw.png

I don't see any contradiction. Looks like it needs about 1 volt overhead (you can only drive it to within 1 volt of either supply rail).

The figure deals with common mode offset from centering between supply rails. It means you lose some dynamic range the greater the common mode input voltage is away from centered on supply rails.

Oh, I see. I was interpreting the figure wrong. The output voltage is the common mode output voltage for common mode input voltages. For some reason I thought the hexagon represented the range of possible output voltages.

Actually, I still don't understand what the figure is saying.

For a common-mode input voltage of 0V, is the figure saying that the output voltage can be between -2.5V and 2.5V?

For a common-mode input voltage of 0V, is the figure saying that the output voltage can be between -2.5V and 2.5V?
Yes. The range isn't limited by the swing of the output stage rather than the input voltage range of the (internal) OP. In so far the question title is missing the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.