Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless power transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkcrusher

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
design.JPGmagnifying_transmitter_top_front.JPGcalculation.JPGnikola-tesla-wardenclyffe.jpgAXIEM_vieuw2.PNG

Worth billions, but I think I will give away for free.
Anyway, I'm getting my tesla-award very soon :p

Works great, except for that 1/R² factor in the Friis transmission equation.

Works great, except for that 1/R² factor in the Friis transmission equation.

Acrtually its 1/R^3 for a normal magloop. These structures allow for power tranmission with the use of a scalar wave. It has nothing to do with Friis ;)

It's a hard-sell, the further you get away from 100% efficiency. In this day and age of "green technology", every watt seems to count. I'm still skeptical how much wireless power will get implemented past a few feet. That's just my gut feeling on the subject. Take it for what it's worth.

It's a hard-sell, the further you get away from 100% efficiency. In this day and age of "green technology", every watt seems to count. I'm still skeptical how much wireless power will get implemented past a few feet. That's just my gut feeling on the subject. Take it for what it's worth.

Everyone is still skeptical about it, but from calculations and measurement I can tell you that efficiency will be close to 100% over meters and miles ;)

See this vid:
YouTube - Wireless Power

The problem is they use the resonators in the same plane. I've found the optimal placement.
As you can see in my figures, the number 3 is indeed essential to the shape . It was tesla's Nr.

Last edited:

Everyone is still skeptical about it, but from calculations and measurement I can tell you that efficiency will be close to 100% over meters and miles ;)

See this vid:
YouTube - Wireless Power

The problem is they use the resonators in the same plane. I've found the optimal placement.
As you can see in my figures, the number 3 is indeed essential to the shape . It was tesla's Nr.

Can you share some of your results? Power @ varying distance vs. efficiency?

Sure.

Setup A: 2x7 resonators tuned to 50.0MHz. The system was resonant to 31.5MHz. Distance between lenzes = 80cm. S21 Gain was measured.

Setup B: 2x1 resonators tuned to 31.5 MHz. The system was resonant to 31.5MHz. Distance between "lenzes" = 74cm. S21 Gain was measured

Results: Although there is a larger distance for setup A, the setup still had 2dB more gain than B.

HAARP level 1 completed

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.