Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

MPLAB and CCS PIC-C integration question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regnum

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mplab v6.61

In simulation/debugging development modes, is MPLAB 6.x able to track the source code built with an integrated CCS PIC-C compiler?

Thanks

link mplab and ccs c compiler

Yes. But you will need the proper Microchip ICD2. CCS's ICD-S has its own IDE for debugging.

mplab ccs build failed

I have CCS PICC v3.187 integrated to MPLAB v6.60

After trying to compile a project, I get the following message:

"Skipping link step. Not all sources built successfully
BUILD FAILED [date]"

so, checking the project folder, I realize that CCS PICC has properly generated the COF, HEX and all other requested files, but MPLAB doesn't recognize any unless I do import them by hand.

What's the reason of such a bizarre behaviour ?

ccs + mplab

I too used PICC 3.187, but with MPLAB 6.50. My compilations work fine. But manual importing of hex files is still something I have to do when I used to program using the picstart.

mplab pic-c integration

Which version of Mplab did you use?May be you need to run the Mplab6 plugin of CCS.

ccs c compiler for pic12/14/16/18

Hai
I have experienced same problem .
Get the MPLAB plugin from CCS site.

picstudent

mplab 6.5

I personally find CCS's ICD-S software to be a more convenient tool. It automatically handles the switching of the uC between programming mode and execution mode. There's no need to fiddle any cables at all during development.

Regnum

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
ccs c plugin for mplab

I already solved it. A couple of users told me they were experiencing the same problem, so here's the solution:

In MPLAB v6.61 take a look at "Project / Select Language Tool Suite" menu. There you'll find two different language-suite options for the CCS compiler:the first one is "CCS C Compiler", and the second is "CCS C Compiler for PIC12/14/16/18". Just chose the last option and the problem will disappear.

Regards,
Regnum

mplab ccs plugin

Regnum said:
In MPLAB v6.61 take a look at "Project / Select Language Tool Suite" menu. There you'll find two different language-suite options for the CCS compiler:the first one is "CCS C Compiler", and the second is "CCS C Compiler for PIC12/14/16/18". Just chose the last option and the problem will disappear.
Regnum

for MPLAB 6.5 and above we may not be able to solve the problem by the above method without that MPLAB plugin from CCS,according to my experience.
Picstudent

Picstudent said:
Regnum said:
Regnum

for MPLAB 6.5 and above we may not be able to solve the problem by the above method without that MPLAB plugin from CCS,according to my experience.
Picstudent

You're right, the CCS plug-in is sine qua non, but if you pick the first suite option It'll fail even with the plug-in installed.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.