Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sine wave generator!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ali ghafoor

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i am to make a sine wave generator of 50 hz frequency........plzzz help me out!!! what should i do???

I´s allready done for you , when you plug in to electric net 240V 50Hz
That was joke.

But you must specify you needs.

It is oscillator or MCU synthesized waveform or mecanical generator ???
Voltage ?? Current ? Distortion ?

Regards KAK

it is not a mechanical generator.....i have to give this sine wave into a sine wave amplifier!! only requirement is 50 hz frequency!! 5 volt dc voltage is the input to be given from a micro controller...!! what should i do??

what should i do??
There are several things you could do.

1. Pay an electronics designer to make one for you.

2. Build and test one yourself. Google will have given you this solution: https://www.ti.com/sc/docs/apps/msp/journal/aug2000/aug_07.pdf

3. There's nothing wrong with kak111's humourous suggestion of using a low-voltage winding from a mains transformer.

4. Buy a bench oscillator, or a simple music synthesiser (new or old).

All of these are workable solutions to your question, (with or without the exclamation marks).

What do you want, is it circute diagram of sine wave oscilator?

Hi ali,

DXnewcastle gave you already some interesting hints.
One additional recommendation from my side:
At first, read some related sections in textbooks in order to understand the principle of sinusoidal oscillators - in particular, why a "linear/harmonic" oscillator must contain one non-linear element for amplitude stabilization.

There are 3 ways to achieve this. Read Carefully .

1) By using the BIP Sine Wave Generator. It's a freeware and is just 117 Kb in size. You have to take the output from the 3.5mm miniature jack. (it's speaker-out pin I'm referring to).

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Specks :

Sampling frequency:
The oscillator automatically uses the highest sample frequency available at the output that you select (usually maximal 44 kHz but people with 22 kHz max. also use the generator without any problems).

Output impedance:
The same as the output impedance of your sound card. Normally the output of a sound card is very low (which is good) in order to be able to connect a speaker (which is not needed for this application).

Accuracy:
The generator uses 8-bit samples to generate the sine wave signal. The sine wave is created using a secret algorithm which makes use of special floating point instructions of your microprocessor.

[or]

2) By using signal generator of soundcard scope software v1.32 (shareware)

waveform-dropdown-list.png

[OR]

3) By using Matlab Function Generator Tool. [should have matlab installed]

**broken link removed**

• Please add my reputation by clicking [star symbol below] if you find the reply useful!! ;) thanks!! [thumbs - up] :roll: :-o

Last edited:

Very intersting and helpful Padman.

+++

V

No comments
yes!! i'm looking for a circuit diagram....
thanks everyone for your help...
@padman!
the link you have posted is not responding...:cry:

Then google search''bubba oscilator''

@Ali Ghafoor

Here are the download links!!

MIRROR1

[or]
**broken link removed**

Please add my reputation by clicking [star symbol below] if you find the reply useful!! ;) thanks!! [thumbs - up] :) :)

Because he request for circute diagram not software and i personaly use bubba oscilator to generate sine wave it's very simple and easy that's why.

Hey guys..

THIS IS A 50HZ SINE WAVE FORM IN THE FORM OF AN MP3 FILE(CLICK TO DOWNLOAD) ( VERY PRECISE - GENERATED BY PRECISE COMPUTERS - and the file is in loop play - so long play)

JUST GIVE IT A TRY..

STEPS:
1) PLAY THE FILE IN ANY AUDIO PLAYER IN SYSTEM
2) PLUG THE 3.5 mm JACK (IT HAS FOUR O/P WIRES left speaker, right speaker, antenna, ground (NORMALLY)

3) GET THE OUTPUT FROM left/ right speaker wire and ground wire
4)THAT'S ALL
**broken link removed**
I'm giving this idea because 50 Hz is low freq and has to be generated accurately.
also
there is no circuit involved. so it's quite easy. :)

• Please add my reputation by clicking [star symbol below] if you find the reply useful!! ;) thanks!! [thumbs - up] :) :)

Last edited:

Because he request for circute diagram not software and i personaly use bubba oscilator to generate sine wave it's very simple and easy that's why.

You personally are using this oscillator topology. Is that the only reason for your recommendation?
In contrary to you, I don`t think "it's very simple and easy".
It needs 4 opamps and 10 passive elements. It`s main advantage - if compared with other circuits - is the capability to provide two quadrature signals (out of phase by 90 deg). However, if this feature is not needed, there is no good reason to use the BUBBA type.
For example, the well known WIEN type uses only one opoamp and 4 passive elements. I think, this or a similar type is most appropriate for 50 Hz.

I must agree that the Wein Bridge Oscillator is probably the most appropriate for the OP's requirements - I certainly agree that its complexity is no more than what is necessary.
I have some of these working perfectly after many years of use. There are many circuits available from a simple Google search, including variations for ultra-low distortion and for variable frequency; they would provide much lower distortion than any computer-generated sine generator.

My only word of caution would be to check if an output buffer may be required, as the simplest designs can behave unexpectedly with certain loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back