Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Gate level simulation setup and hold time

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsudharrao90

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everybody,
Explain me the importance of GLS (gate level simulation) and clearly explain me the various ways of elimination the set up time and hold time violation?

Thanks in advance.
--
Sudharsanam.

Generally for big designs, like procs,dsp the gate level simulation is hard and time consuming process. Therefore such big designs are checked by STA.
SO if you sure that your design was synthesized correctly ( formality test is passed, and RTL functionality was OK) and if your design is huge, then I believe it is not mandatory to run the gate level simulation.

Generally for big designs, like procs,dsp the gate level simulation is hard and time consuming process. Therefore such big designs are checked by STA.
SO if you sure that your design was synthesized correctly ( formality test is passed, and RTL functionality was OK) and if your design is huge, then I believe it is not mandatory to run the gate level simulation.

STA finds out all the paths violating setup and hold conditions...Generally setup is checked taking worst conditions and hold using the best conditions...Basic way to fix setup is to reduce datapath delay and to skewing clock at capture...For hold increase datapath delay..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back