Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Scope of fpga designing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushpamone

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,i am new to pcb design and interested in doing FPGA design so can any one tell me the scope of design in market and what are the steps should be taken to start learning it,is any course on FPGA is required to take,please reply me.......advance thanks

regards
prathi

FPGA can act as any digital logic you may need for a particular application. For example a bunch of AND/OR gates to process some input digital data. It can also interface 2 ICs together...or in advanced application run an OS and mimic a microprocessor.

To start learning FPGA some basic digital logic would be good to know, however more importantly is learning Verilog. This is the language you will use to program the FPGA and describe what you want it to do. A good compiler will optimize the verilog and turn it into a bunch of logic elements which then are burned into an FPGA.

Altera and Xilinx are the top 2 companies that make FPGAs.

thanks alot...............but may i know how it is usefull for pcb designer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back