Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

inverter: design for equal drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitty

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey all,

what das it mean to design an inverter for equal drive?
i know, that designing for switching poin at vdd/2 does not coincide with designing for t_LH=t_HL but which one is meant with equal drive?

hey all,

i know, that designing for switching poin at vdd/2 does not coincide with designing for t_LH=t_HL but which one is meant with equal drive?

I think you are referring to equal rise and fall time for the signal

It depends on your application. In fact, many applications don't need it.

hey all,

It means designing with equal driving strength on rise and fall, the driving strength is usually defined by the equivalent resistance of the inverter during the transition

Reactions: zitty

zitty

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi ,

In my point is ,we should match both mos resistance in inverter to be equal .Resistance are forms related with mobility of the Transistor . so we should consider the width ratio of inverter.Then only we can achieve Tr and Tf equal.If it s equal switching point should come at vdd/2. thats called equal drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back