Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

(ASK) DC to DC Converter Output 220Vdc 10A

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbodo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I want to design dc to dc converter that can produce 220vdc 10A,,,can you share the topology?
thanks for your help,,,

best regards
priambodo

i mean 220dc 10A

I think you still missed the point, remember Watts = voltage * current.
Output power = 220V * 10A = 2200 watts
Input power ~= output power = 2200 watts
Input current = 2200W / 10V(min) = 220 AMPS at the input.

Is this really what you want to do? You'll need one HUGE DC source, and a pretty big transfomer to handle the boost conversion for that much power.

I think you still missed the point, remember Watts = voltage * current.
Output power = 220V * 10A = 2200 watts
Input power ~= output power = 2200 watts
Input current = 2200W / 10V(min) = 220 AMPS at the input.

Is this really what you want to do? You'll need one HUGE DC source, and a pretty big transfomer to handle the boost conversion for that much power.

thanks for your explanation,,,actually I want to drive DC motor 180V 1A, i think if i have 220Vdc 10A so i can use this power supply for any motor. can you help me to show how i can built 180V 1A so that i can control the speed of the motor?

hi
use LM324 IC and make a switch mode power suplly

could you share the circuit?

If you're going to go the route of a SMPS, I'd recommend using a chip designed for SMPS control. National (national.com) has a number of these ICs. For the voltage range you are talking about, I'd go with a flyback topology. They are relatively straightforward, but do require some familiarity with electronics and the design equations. If you aren't familiar with them, I'd go hunt around on the web for flyback power supply designs, and start understanding how they work (lots of website out there they talk about the threory of operation). I'd also search on here for other threads about flyback converters. Also, a book on SMPS design could be very useful, if you are trying to build something from scratch.

I found this article in a quick search. It would be worth a look.
**broken link removed**
It's meant to run from a 12V battery, so you'll have to verify that the design can operate from 10-20V at the input without burning up any of the devices.

If you're going to go the route of a SMPS, I'd recommend using a chip designed for SMPS control. National (national.com) has a number of these ICs. For the voltage range you are talking about, I'd go with a flyback topology. They are relatively straightforward, but do require some familiarity with electronics and the design equations. If you aren't familiar with them, I'd go hunt around on the web for flyback power supply designs, and start understanding how they work (lots of website out there they talk about the threory of operation). I'd also search on here for other threads about flyback converters. Also, a book on SMPS design could be very useful, if you are trying to build something from scratch.

I found this article in a quick search. It would be worth a look.
**broken link removed**
It's meant to run from a 12V battery, so you'll have to verify that the design can operate from 10-20V at the input without burning up any of the devices.

thank you for your explanation, i'll try to explore more from this circuit..

Status
Not open for further replies.