Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

------> MPPT design Query need help <-------

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashad

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I wanted to ask one question regarding designing of MPPT. what I understand that wiring diagram of Solar Panel Power System

------------------ -------------- ----------------
| Solar panel | ------------> | MPPT | ----------> | Inverter |
------------------ -------------- ----------------
|
|
-------------
| battery |
-------------

I wanted to ask that if MPPT is connected to the Solar Panel and on the basis of output current it will track the MAximum power from the Solar Panel. it is one function of the MPPT to track the output power from solar panel and tune it to maximum point.

In the same time it is managed the battery charging also. if we use lead acid battery then it can be charge at Fixed voltage. so we can charge the battery with MPPT.

My Question is, if we wanted to connect the Inverter to the load so how MPPT manage the charging current and load current at the same time. Like if we have 200watt panel and 60watt load, then rest power i wanted to store in the battery.

so my question is how we manage this in term of Circuit point of view. Yes we can manage with Multiple controller but in circuit point of view how we charge the battery and drive the load at the same time circuit point of view

how controller manage it ?

Hope u understand my question

Thanks
Ashad Mustufa

Hi,

1. Leave the Load current unregulated.

2. Regulate the Battery charge current alone.

3.Sense the Total current ( Load current + Battery charging current ) from Solar Panel.

4.Use a PWM controller such that its PWM will adjust and fix the Battery charging current until the Total current ( Load current + Battery charging current ) equals the MPP current.

hi Ashad Mustufa

1-mppt is not only charging controller, it work as voltage boost also (when solar panel volts are low then battery volt )
2-your circuit connections are wrong, try to read some article on mppt bascs

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

PWM control the charge current, but not boost the voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.