Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HP VEE instrument Panel driver development ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CADDevil

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vee panel driver

Hello,

anyone knows where to find some documents about instrument Panel driver development for Agilen (HP) VEE ?

I have a BK 4070A waveform generator which can be fully controlled via RS-232 and I would like to be able to use it from VEE.
I have full documentation for 4070A serial commands, but I do not know how to write a VEE driver.

Are there some documents about VEE driver development ?

Thx a lot for any info

CADDevil

hp vee forum

Hi
Why do you want to writte panel driver, As I found you would like to writte your own application. The "direct I/O" is the place where you should place RS commands. Writting "panel driver" is for advanced users (like meter makers) who would like to simplify use of their products. For standard communications there are "direct I/O" in instrument manager or all commands you coul find in "advanced I/O", but for you the "direct I/O" it will be enought. Problem is that you should configure instrument before you could use it, but sometimes it is problem with RS232 (baud, parity, handshake bufor etc) remember to use proper RS cable

regards
KamW

hp vee

I just want to have a nice interface :)
After all, panel drivers are written in some kind of scripting language, so it should not be too hard to write my own driver.
I just need the docs about the scripting language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back