Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

tv remote related question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thannara123

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How remotes of each TV s are different ?
Can i make one expeditiously for my TV ?
i seen some re mots work different TV
please give the information regarding it
thanx

Yes you can.

The TV will only respond to codes it recognizes though so you must duplicate the codes sent by the real remote control unit. Products use different rates and variations of IR flashes so they only respond to one remote and are not controlled by one for a different appliance. You need to find out what variation your product expects, the links given earlier will explain the systems normally used.

Brian.

Programmable remotes like Logitech Harmony remotes have an online database to tell their remote the correct coding format for many products.

As a last resort, the Harmony remotes also have a learning mode which reads another remote's code. It is not perfectly accurate in reading another remotes but does a pretty good job, usually good enough to have the function work properly. The toughest job is to read the high frequency carrier which can be between 30 kHz to 60 kHz.

To do a single key function to multiple devices it sends their codes serial. For example to turn on the HDTV, Hometheater amp, and satellite receiver it sends the power command for one then another, then another. It may also select the correct amp input selection or other setup functions. It does this relatively fast so you don't notice the delay.

It is a good PIC microcontroller project.

Status
Not open for further replies.