Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Millimeter wave schottky diodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MobiNaz

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am looking for millimeter wave schottky diodes/detectors. Can anyone please suggest suppliers/manufacturers.

I have checked Skyworks, agilent, Avago, Virginia & Teledyne.

Thanks in advance.

UMS have some detector MMIC until 40G in the past, but I don't know whether they produce it or not NOW.

Add UMS and Microsemi to your list.
The German ACST company has schottky diodes working up to THz frequencies.

If you need the best available mm-wave detectors, please look at "www.spaceklabs.com".
We offer D K-2 to DW-2 series detectors; each covers a full waveguide band, they come calibrated at -20 dBm RF input; a typical constant is 2500-3000 mV/mW, very constant over band.
If you need a fast response, use a video load < 1 kOhm; with 50-ohm video load, the video bandwidth is >3.5 GHz/3 dB, and >6 GHz/10 dB.

Guys thanks for your reply. I have checked theses suppliers as well. They do have schottky diodes that can work up till 110 GHz but they all are then high barrier diodes.

I am looking for low barrier or zero barrier (ZBD) schottky diode. Any clues?

I found one at **broken link removed** and
https://vadiodes.com/images/stories/Products/Diodes/ZBD_20100526_Revision.pdf

I am looking for its spice model. Can anyone help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

All Spacek detectors use ZBS diodes; DK-2 is designed for K-band, 18-26.5 GHz,
DKa-2 for Ka-band, 26.5-40 GHz, DQ-2 for Q-band, 40-60 GHz, DV-2 for V-band, 50-75 GHz, DW-2 for W-band, 75-110 GHz.
RF inputs are the appropriate waveguides, video output, SMA-F. You can order ...P version, with positive output.

All Spacek detectors use ZBS diodes; DK-2 is designed for K-band, 18-26.5 GHz,
DKa-2 for Ka-band, 26.5-40 GHz, DQ-2 for Q-band, 40-60 GHz, DV-2 for V-band, 50-75 GHz, DW-2 for W-band, 75-110 GHz.
RF inputs are the appropriate waveguides, video output, SMA-F. You can order ...P version, with positive output.

Thanks for this Jir. But I am actually after discrete diodes.

If you need the best available mm-wave detectors, please look at "www.spaceklabs.com".
We offer D K-2 to DW-2 series detectors; each covers a full waveguide band, they come calibrated at -20 dBm RF input; a typical constant is 2500-3000 mV/mW, very constant over band.
If you need a fast response, use a video load < 1 kOhm; with 50-ohm video load, the video bandwidth is >3.5 GHz/3 dB, and >6 GHz/10 dB.

Hi, what do you mean video bandwidth is over 3.5GHz. Does it mean that we can use this device to downconvert a RF signal modulated by 3.5 Gbps baseband data?
Br,

Avago has also a new family of devices oriented for mmW detectors but you ll not find them as "schottky diodes". Check vmmk-3313/3413/3213.
cheers

@MobiNaz

You can take equivalent circuit values of the Virginia W-band diodes from the publication
"CAD Techniques for development of millimeter Wave Diodes Sources" --> IEEE Explore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back