Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Box Dimension for CPW Resonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firkin

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am trying to simulate a 2GHz meander CPW resonator in HFSS. My problem is that I am not sure what the dimensions of my box used to contain the resonator should be. I am wondering if anyone had suggestions on which dimensions I should use.

Thanks for you help!

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a 2GHz meander CPW resonator in HFSS. My problem is that I am not sure what the dimensions of my box used to contain the resonator should be. I am wondering if anyone had suggestions on which dimensions I should use.

Thanks for you help!

Run eigenmode?

Thanks for the response zhul. I tried running eigenmode but I was unable to tell which resonances were from the cavity and which resonance were from my TL line.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response zhul. I tried running eigenmode but I was unable to tell which resonances were from the cavity and which resonance were from my TL line.

Thanks!

I am not quite familiar with planar structure, but

As I known, CPW runs as quasi-TEM, the energy mostly gathered near the substrate, so the metal cavity should not affect the RF that much, which means unless your metal cavity has ridiculous dimenions, the lowest mode in eigenmode simulation should still be your working mode (Q-TEM).

Also, you can verify it by checking the electrical field vector distribution ( i always use this way to verify cavity modes), with or without cavity, the electrical vector should have the same direction, i.e. from center conductor to your ground conductors.

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back