Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cannot attach a PNG file type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioguru

Advanced Member level 7
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
All my copies and sketches have a PNG file type.

I tried to attach simple small sketch that was a PNG file type and got an error that said the file type must be a jpg, gif or png. So I changed my file to a lower case png and got the same error. I changed my file to a GIF and it worked but the GIF messed up the sketch a little.
I didn't try making it a thumbnail.

The PNG was 45.9KB and the GIF is 19.7KB.

it is better you put it as jpeg format.. But the png and gif format problem is fixed by Mr. Gulson.
No and no.
A jpeg or jpg file type is used for photographs. When it is used for a sketch or schematic the lines and joins are covered in dots which makes it very fuzzy.

When I try to Add An Image as a PNG file type then I get the same error message as before.
Also when I click on "Manage Attachments" my browser, Windows Explorer 8 gives a message "error on page". So I use Add An Image or Go Advanced instead.

It is a nuisance to copy and paste urls to do an attachment here.

Hmm, I just tried it both as "add an image" (which requires cutting & pasting the link) and "Manage attachments" and it works fine in both cases. Maybe there is something weird about your file format?

Keith.

Attachments

• Image1.png
    Image1.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 133

The moment I press the "Manage Attachments" button during a reply then my Windows Explorer 8 browser says "Error on page" and nothing happens.
I copied your small PNG file and now I will try to Add it as An Image.

No. The moment I press the "Upload" button I got the Error "png is not allowed extension" again.

I attach many of my png file types on forums every day and they are fine except they don't work here.

It is browser specific. I use Firefox - works fine. I just tried IE (version 6) and clicking "Manage attachments" gives "error on page".

Keith.

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

PS. Opera works fine (version 11.01)

Fixed, sorry for problems. Use Add an Image to add png files. I don't know anything about problems with option Manage Attachments.

Thanks, Gulson.
I hope I can simply upload an image instead of copying and pasting the URL made by it here.
I will try it. I did need to copy and paste its URL which is a nuisance.

It still has problems..
Neither image file nor attachment file are loaded anymore..

Hi,
I just added a PNG image. I didn't face any problem. I am using Mozilla Firefox. Which browser are you using? I had such problems with Hotmail once. Once I cleared the browser cookies and cache, the problem was fixed. Maybe something there.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

Hi,
I just added a PNG image. I didn't face any problem. I am using Mozilla Firefox. Which browser are you using? I had such problems with Hotmail once. Once I cleared the browser cookies and cache, the problem was fixed. Maybe something there.

Hope this helps.
Tahmid.

I use IE9 and I could upload my files few weeks ago but it doesn't accept anymore..

Here is a PNG schematic that I attached on another website a few minutes ago:

When I click on "Manage Attachments" I get "error on page" and nothing happens.

Then I clicked on "Go Advanced" button and got this result:

Attachments

• transistor amplifier.PNG
    transistor amplifier.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 165

Test Test Test with Quick Reply

Attachments

• zrzut_ekranu-2.png
    zrzut_ekranu-2.png
    12.7 KB · Views: 111

Test test test

Attachments

transistor amplifier.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 162

Test test test Opera

Attachments

transistor amplifier.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 156

Test test Opera

Attachments

transistor amplifier.PNG
    12.7 KB · Views: 120

Again my IE9 gives an error on page and does nothing when I try to do a "Quick Reply" and "Manage Attachments".
Now I cannot do an ordinary "Reply to thread" because I always get a "Quick Reply". So I cannot attach anything simply anymore.

I run IE9.
I had the problem since days.
I thought it is normal that the function "Add and Image" is no more valid (its upload still idle) since "Manage Attachments" can upload images too.

Added:
By the way, I used to upload *.png
Perhaps other formats won't have this problem, please advise.

Kerim

Added:
Windows 7 (Home Basic)
IE9 , Version: 9.0.8112.16421IC , Update Versions: 9.0.1 (KB2530548)

@Tahmid
Thank you for replying.
In my case, after I press "upload", IE9 keeps trying to upload.

Last edited:

I think there's something wrong with IE in that case. It works fine in Firefox and Opera. When I run it in IE6, IE shows error and closes down. You might try to clear browser cookies and cache and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back