Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to generate a fixed cycle sine wave( 5 cycle sine at 250Khz) with XR 2206 IC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

padiyar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
XR 2206 IC gives a continuous sine wave.
I need to generate a fixed cycle sine wave
( say 5 cycle sine at 250Khz) with XR 2206 IC with minimum components.

How often do you want your 5 cycles? Do you want the cycles to be switched on at a certain part of the waveform. It looks like pin 3 controls the output level, so link it to V cc with a high value resistor. Then a 555 timer chip can be used as a monostable, if you set its time to (250KHz = 4 microS period X 5) to 20 microseconds to the output of the 555, then every time you fire the 555, it will short out pin3 and STOP 5 cycles. So you need to put a transistor invertor in the way so the output of the transistor switches on the XR2206. You can fire the 555 from a push button or some other oscillator. This setup is non synchronous so it will switch the 250 KHz anywhere on its wave form.
Frank

I need to full 5 cycles sine wave starting from zero.I need at least to fire once per second.I was thinking if output of two 555 timer mixed (one of them generating (1/20usec ) and another one generating 250Khz to create a tone burst ), which thereafter can be connected to pin no 1 of XR 2206.
(i still have to purchase this XR2206 ic):sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back