Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Matlab windows 7, Runtime Error! win32\matlab.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Problem with Matlab 7

Changing the theme may work. The way I worked around the runtime error (after I did a clean install of Windows 7 and re-installed Matlab 7) was simple.

Heres what I did - hope it works

1) Control Panel ---> Look under system and security and select "find and fix problems".

2) Under the Programs heading select "run programs made for previous versions of windows".

3) At the Program Compatibility dialog box that opens just select next.

4) It will list programs ---> select Matlab 7.0, and at the next box select troubleshoot program. You can select then check the box that the program worked in earlier versions of windows and select next to continue.

5) At next box, select version of windows you previously ran Matlab on. At next box click "start the program". Allow it to open.

6) Matlab should then open and work without encountering the run-time error.
Windows will then say troubleshooting completed and then just save the settings.

Hope this works

Problem with Matlab 7

Matlab 7.0 con windows 7
Exactamente tenía el mismo problema que todos, me salía:

Runtime Error!

Program E:\Matlab\bin\win32\matlab.exe

The application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

La solución fue como dijeron algunos por allí arriba, agarrar el ícono de matlab del escritorio, le doy botón derecho y donde dice RESTAURAR A VERSIONES ANTERIORES le doy click, luego me fui a COMPATIBILIDAD, y ahí se listan unas cuantas versiones, en mi caso seleccioné WNDOWS SERVER 2008 y ya, me corrió normal el programa... :) espero que entiendan el español, saludos...

Re: matlab 7 in windows 7

runtime error with matlab 7 windown 7

i also tried what Thraxfire wrote and it worked perfectly.
thanks alot :-o

i changed the theme to basic and run the matlab7

then get my theme back
:-D

Maybe you can add the "nosplash" command for MATLAB. To do this select the shorcut for Matlab. Right click it and open properties. In the target field it should be like this "C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007b\bin\matlab.exe" -nosplash Then click apply and restart Matlab.

Re: matlab 7 runtime error

plz check that ur matlab is 64 or 32 bit?
if 64 bit.then it will not work on it.

Whenever I try to open Matlab, I get the following message on top of the Matlab 7 splash screen and the program terminates:

QUOTE:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program E:\Matlab\bin\win32\matlab.exe

The application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Press OK button.

UNQUOTE

Could anyone plz advise me on this.

Thanks in advance!

Well, there are two methods....

01st Method

This will work for , both 32 bits and 64 bits windows 7, follow these steps.

First you must go to the Matlab icon, right click and go to Properties.

Then click the Compatibility tab and select ?Windows 2000? from the drop down in the Compatibility group. Click ?OK? and you are done.

02nd Method.

You must change Windows 7 Theme to the classic one (windows classic).now install matlab and it will work properly

To use Matlab with other windows 7 themes you have to change java used by matlab as followings

Download latest java version and install it.

Go to C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\sys\java\jre\win32 you will find a file named jer1.5.0_07 rename it to Original_jer1.5.0_07

Go to C:\Program Files\Java you will find file named jet6 (jetX for Xversion) copie it to C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\sys\java\jre\win32 and rename it to jer1.5.0_07

Now you can use matlab with all themes.Enjoy Matlab 7 in windows 7

Regards,
Dharshana, Efac,University of Ruhuna
Sri Lanka

Re: matlab 6.5 windows 7

I had the same problem but i did the following:

goto C:\Program Files\Java copy folder named jreX or something like that
install latest jre before this
then open F:\MATLAB7\sys\java\jre\win32 or to a similar folder in c:
where you installed matlab paste the copied folder in that folder rename a
folder named jre1.4.2 which is already in the folder or similar folder to a
different name and give the newly copied folder the old name of the folder which you just renamed.

Now my problem is solved. I am using win 7 home basic.

Re: matlab 6.5 windows 7

I solved my problem of installation matlab7 in a computer with windows 7 using the "windows classic" scheme. Thanks to laduch (#20) by your instructions.

I had a similar problem too with my 64 bit MATLAB. From some obscure corner of the internet I read that the fault might be using 64 bit MATLAB on system with 32 bit Java. Then I uninstalled the 64 bit and installed the 32 bit one. It worked and is working fine. I prefer the 32 bit version as it also has some toolboxes like DAQ toolbox which is not there in 64 bit version

To use Matlab with other windows 7 themes you have to change java used by matlab.
1- download latest java version and install it.
2- go to C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\sys\java\jre\win32 you will find a file named jer1.5.0_07 rename it to Original_jer1.5.0_07
3- go to C:\Program Files\Java you will find file named jet6 (jetX for Xversion) copie it to C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2007a\sys\java\jre\win32
and rename it to jer1.5.0_07
Now you can use matlab with all themes.

Set the compatibility option to Windows 2000 or Windows Vista and it works.
For setting compatibility option, go to properties of matlab.exe, then select compatibility tab, then select change setting for all users, then select, run program compatible to.
Among the OS listed, select Windows 2000, if not then Windows Vista.
Select ok. It works.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back