Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect two remote computers??

Status
Not open for further replies.

syeda amna

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I am newbie in networking.
I want to connect two remote computers. these computer can share data. how can i do this? the steps involved in this?
please guide me how can i do this. Please give me some refrences.

I haven't tried this myself.

I assume you need some software to establesh a vpn. But I doesn't know about any that's free of charge.

You might find something if you google for it.

is it the same thing as client server architecture?? what is the difference?

there different ways to connect computers. for example in Windows OS u can use the remote access tool. type the IP address and u could be able to connect two computers. But u have to enable the access at the other end. also u can use the telnet and ftp protocols for remote access and file sharing. hope this can help u.

Hi guys, I'm a Systems/Network Administrator. I need to get some details about your setup before I can help. If you want to connect two computers together remotely, you need to make sure you have public IP addresses on these systems. I guess that might be a bit expensive. Let me know the modes of connections you have presently and maybe I can work something out for you........

Hi
I want to connect two remote computers. these computer can share data. how can i do this? the steps involved in this?

i suggest u try the free software lon me in ....it gives u free acces to ur personal computer from any where else in the world....
www.logmein.com
the software is freely available..
hope this helps

Are you transferring data between the two computers or something more complex such as remote login? If it is simple data transfer you could use TCP virtual circuits or UDP datagrams to communicate between the two computers. However, if they are behind firewalls or in a NAT internal network you will need to do some confirguration to allow the packets thru.

Are you transferring data between the two computers or something more complex such as remote login? If it is simple data transfer you could use TCP virtual circuits or UDP datagrams to communicate between the two or more computers. However, if they are behind firewalls or in a NAT internal network you will need to do some confirguration to allow the packets thru.

thanks for your reply. actually i want to setup TCP connection between two remote computers and they will capable of exchanging their data (batabases are involved). The users will have to login by their user name and passward.

What to do for doing this? what stpes should i take?
will socket programming is needed for encryption and decryption?
please give some good tutorials regarding this. I am really confused. :S

will users need to login to the remote machine or just run a program on their machine which can communicate with the remote machine?
I think we need to know exactly what you wish to do.
for security you can use SSL (secure Socket layer) - do a web search.
what language are you intending to use? e.g. Java, C++, VB, ?

thanks for your reply.

the users willl login to remote machine. after varification they can be able to transfer data. I am using Java and i have written the code for server and client which are capable of transmitting and receiving data but this is all on the same computer.

now i want to know how to implement such that one computer can act as server while the other as client.
what is encryption? how to do it?

i know a little about networking. Please guide me.

Hi
teamviwer is a good software for remoting and cummonication two remot system :wink:

teamviwer is a good software for remoting and cummonication two remot system :wink:

i know about teamviewer. But i want to build my own application using java.
Any idea or guidance will be helpful for me.

have a look at
The SSH (Secure Shell) Remote Login Protocol

also if you do a web search for "java telnet" it will turn up lots of links

what is the operating system on your target machine? If you intend to run a server that allows remote logon I would assume you would need administrator rights

have a look at
The SSH (Secure Shell) Remote Login Protocol

also if you do a web search for "java telnet" it will turn up lots of links

what is the operating system on your target machine? If you intend to run a server that allows remote logon I would assume you would need administrator rights

the operating system is windows. I want remote logon and administrative rights. Is this really dificult for a beginner to setup a system like this? :|

Last edited:

if you are using you own machine as the server there is no problem - you give yourself admin rights.
I would tend to use a Linux machine but that is personal preference.
If you are using a commercial or academic networked machine as the server you would be very unlikly to get admin rights.

Hi , every body !

I want access my personal computer which is located at home from my office computer , would you kindly help me in this regard, thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back