Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

USB HID Host driver for windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

potter68

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

today i want to introduse my USB HID Host driver for Windows. The AHID Library is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) and can be used with many programming languages. It comes with several example applications for the Visual Studio 2010 (C++, C# and VB). You can download it from here: embedded24.net - USB HID drivers for Windows.

The AHID Library supports Interrupt and Control (Feature Reports) transfers.

Function overview:
- AHid_Init(): driver initilization.
- AHid_Register(): device registration.
- AHid_Read()/Write(): data transfer.
- AHid_Request(): Request a Feature Report.
- AHid_Attached(): device connected/disconnected?

Greetings Potter

Hi

It looks like your product is the one to use, however I am developing in Visual FoxPro, so the FLL is probably the best way
Can you tell me the function names in the FLL

Thanks

Steve

Hello,

today i want to introduse my USB HID Host driver for Windows. The AHID Library is a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) and can be used with many programming languages. It comes with several example applications for the Visual Studio 2010 (C++, C# and VB). You can download it from here: embedded24.net - USB HID drivers for Windows.

Function overview:

Greetings Potter

Hi,
i have done coding for usb using ahid library.But usb device is not detecting.How to receive usb data through receive handler .Is there any receive handler function to receive data when ever it is available on USB bus. send me sample code if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
i have done coding for usb using ahid library.But usb device is not detecting.How to receive usb data through receive handler .Is there any receive handler function to receive data when ever it is available on USB bus. send me sample code if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Vishnu,

just go to http://www.ahidlib.com. You will find sample code for VB, C#, C++, LabVIEW, Matlab and Scilab.

If you use Input Reports, data reception is done automatically by AHID.DLL. The driver will send a Windows Message (AHID_DATA_RECEIVED) to your Windows Message Queue. Alternatively, you can poll AHid_Read() function and check its return value (it should be AHID_OK, if there is new data).

Best regards, Potter

Hello Vishnu,

just go to http://www.ahidlib.com. You will find sample code for VB, C#, C++, LabVIEW, Matlab and Scilab.

If you use Input Reports, data reception is done automatically by AHID.DLL. The driver will send a Windows Message (AHID_DATA_RECEIVED) to your Windows Message Queue. Alternatively, you can poll AHid_Read() function and check its return value (it should be AHID_OK, if there is new data).

Best regards, Potter[/QUOTE

Hello potter ,
Thanks for giving me reply,i have downloaded vc++ sample code.i tried run application, its not detecting usb devices.i gave valid VID & PID of usb device.Is it possible to use that application to communicate with any USB device like mouse,pendrive,embedded board,CPLD boards...

Best regards
vishnu

Hello vishnu,

you can use the AHID.DLL with generic/custom HID devices. Those devices interpret the data payload as plain bytes (or the way the programmer wants to use it).

Mouse and Keyboard for example require a specified Report so the operating system can interpret it. They cannot be used with AHID.DLL.

Best regards, Potter

Hello,

Function overview:

Greetings Potter

Hi potter,

I have down loadded vc++ project from embedded 24.net and Ahid librery is user frendly. I tried run application by connecting usb device like pendrive ,embedded board.i have entered vid and pid of usb device.but it is not showing device detected message. AHid_Attached() return value 7 or 8 is is showing .what is the error i'm not able to find error.how get to know pipe value for AHid_Read() function.Is this librery supports bulk transfer.

Hi potter,

I have down loadded vc++ project from embedded 24.net and Ahid librery is user frendly. I tried run application by connecting usb device like pendrive ,embedded board.i have entered vid and pid of usb device.but it is not showing device detected message. AHid_Attached() return value 7 or 8 is is showing .what is the error i'm not able to find error.how get to know pipe value for AHid_Read() function.Is this librery supports bulk transfer.

Hello varun,

the AHID.DLL does not support bulk transfer.

Please, contact our support if you have questions on how to use AHID.DLL with your device (you will find the email address on our website).

Best regards, Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back