Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

OPAMP Voltage Shifter (10v-0v) to (0v to 10v )

Status
Not open for further replies.

danidiesel

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Actually I want to scale down a voltage input range of (0 to 10v)
to output of (10v to 0v)

I dont know is it possible with an inverting op amp
any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Bye

You got it in one! An inverting buffer (gain = -1), but it must be able to operate correctly with a 0V input which means it has to operate from a - and a + power supply. The + PSU must be greater then say 10.5V, because op-amps again can't handle signals very close to their + rail, So an amp running of +-12V should fit the bill. As this stands this will invert your signal but will result in 10 in, -10 out and 0 in and 0 out. So you have to add a +10V bias to the + input of the amplifier, which should add in the 10V that is missing
Frank

Last edited:
You got it in one! An inverting buffer (gain = -1), but it must be able to operate correctly with a 0V input which means it has to operate from a - and a + power supply. The + PSU must be greater then say 10.5V, because op-amps again can't handle signals very close to their + rail, So an amp running of +-12V should fit the bill. As this stands this will invert your signal but will result in 10 in, -10 out and 0 in and 0 out. So you have to add a +10V bias to the + input of the amplifier, which should add in the 10V that is missing
Frank

No it is not, an inverting amplifier will invert the input to negative voltage,
if the power supply is symmetric then with +3 the output will be -3,
if the power supply is positive only then the output will be a few mV with any input.

Alex

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:00 ----------

I have just noticed your last sentence about the bias so ignore my post

Alex

Yes this will work,
the output will be V5 - (0 to 10)

Alex

The ouput of your ciruit is described by: 10-Vin which is what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.