Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Dipole Bowtie antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhu14365

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi can anyone post some useful links for desinging bowtie antenna for wider bandwidth in an ads...

hi
please define u antenna and frequency before u ask question and for patch antenna i suggest HFSS for simulation

Reactions: sezgyno

sezgyno

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
if you cannot solve analitical or numerical electromagnetics and if you have not experience on desgin antenna use antenna magus to designig then simulate the antenna on feko or cst.antenna magus compatible with feko and cst.
HFSS may be hardly for you because you cannot experience and hfss wants more details on simulation than others.

hi sezgyno
i have different idea about HFSS i skilled in HFSS but i amateur in cst and novice in FEKO and i design bowtie in hfss but we have to many model of bowtie if u ask question in edaboard pls give full data about question and i emphasis that the HFSS the best software for antenna's simulation which base on resonance like microstrip antenna but feko solve by moment and this software useful for balky structure of antenna witch work like wire or waveguide like monopole CDM or horn antenna
i advise u never use feko for microstrip

[

Reactions: sezgyno

sezgyno

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
hi sorry for incomplete information...the antenna is dipole antenna and freq range is 0.3 to 3 Ghz....

i designed on feko microstrip antenna array if you are careful on method of moment you can design correct when you implement the antenna and measure on network analyser you can beileve feko :D
but if you design narrow band planar antennas you may see that you could not design antenna for the s parameter graphic which you wanted..
HFSS is very popular than others but i know this software requared too much memory

hi sezgyno
i have different idea about HFSS i skilled in HFSS but i amateur in cst and novice in FEKO and i design bowtie in hfss but we have to many model of bowtie if u ask question in edaboard pls give full data about question and i emphasis that the HFSS the best software for antenna's simulation which base on resonance like microstrip antenna but feko solve by moment and this software useful for balky structure of antenna witch work like wire or waveguide like monopole CDM or horn antenna
i advise u never use feko for microstrip

[

hi
please define u antenna and frequency before u ask question and for patch antenna i suggest HFSS for simulation

Hj, my antenna is printed bowtie antenna at 200Mhz, i need the BW is the same as the central frequency(200Mhz). Do all of you have some useful documents related to it plz share for me. Many thanks. Minh

hi
i cant understand u mean and what kind of bowtie u used?

hi
i cant understand u mean and what kind of bowtie u used?

Dear,
The bowtie antenna which i need to design is like the shape in the attached pic here. bowtie antenna.png

Thanks

hi
the dimension is less than we need for 200 MHz

hi

Hj, I see, the shape which i provided in previous post is just a model pic to show you about bowtie antenna according to your request.
I achieved the results after simulating the above bowtie antenna using CST but the Bandwidth is so low (approx 30% of central frequency). According to the request, i need the bandwidth 80% or more. I want to know the technique to the increase the bandwidth as large as posible.
Could anyone share with me this issue?

Thanks a lot! Minhlong

hi dear i know bowtie antenna clearly
at low frequency usually we added resistance or inductance for increase the bandwidth (as u show in one picture)
may be u can find some thing in ARRL handbook and u can seen some company catalog which design biconical UWB antenna for VHF

hi

Hj, I see, the shape which i provided in previous post is just a model pic to show you about bowtie antenna according to your request.
I achieved the results after simulating the above bowtie antenna using CST but the Bandwidth is so low (approx 30% of central frequency). According to the request, i need the bandwidth 80% or more. I want to know the technique to the increase the bandwidth as large as posible.
Could anyone share with me this issue?

Thanks a lot! Minhlong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back