Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence Simvision Waveform Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard29

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am just debugging my design using the Cadence Simvision Waveform Viewer. I am wondering if there is some up to date help file somewhere online for version 9.20. I googled for it, but I just found out of date user guides, please the user guide link of the tool itself shows me Chinese symbols, so not really helpful ;).

Maybe someone could quickly explain me how to add signals to the waveform viewer from the command line, that would be really helpful. I always takes ages
to do this manually, as the hierarchy is so deep of the design, this is the entity of interest:

simulator:::d1:l1:cpu(5):w0:y0:iu2

Many thanks,
Rich

every tool has a help menu at the top which has many details. you could use it. if not useful you can again come back.......

I know, this is what I tried to do, to look in the help menu, and as I wrote in my first posting, the user guide just shows weird symbols: "the user guide link of the tool itself shows me Chinese symbols, so not really helpful ;)."

So I would appreciate it if somebody knows where I could find such a userguide in English. Many thanks!

Thanks a lot, I found these too, problem is that they are already 10 years old. But I guess it is a start, seems it is really not possible
to get hold of newer User guides...

Have done this, thanks. I am awaiting their replay. In the meantime could please somebody help me out and tell me what is the command I need to use to add
all the elements of the following entity to the waveform viewer:

simulator:::d1:l1:cpu(5):w0:y0:iu2

Many thanks for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back