Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wideband high gain antenna design discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxgcatz

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Now, my research task is focused on the portable wideband high gain antenna. TO the wide band antenna, many antennas can be implemented.But to the high gain ,only a few antenna can meet the requirement,such as parabolic antenna ,horn antenna ! But parabolic antenna is not portable and the gain of the horn antenna is a little lower not to meet my request. I want to know if it is feasible to design a wideband antenna (at least five times frequency bandwidth)with high gain (at least 20dBi),and it is also portable . I also know it is a little difficult , but i think it's very meaningful!
regards!

xxgcatz

xxgcatz said:
I also know it is a little difficult xxgcatz

nice speech! logperiodic 5x5 array may be will fit your needs instead of dish?

8 x 8 planar array of stacked microstrip p@tch antennas..

hi Lupin !
Can you give more details about 8 x 8 planar array of stacked microstrip patch antennas ? thanks!
xxgcatz

Well, I work on planar array antennas.. especially with p@tch radiators.. I can say that in order to match your requirement I´ld use a stacked microstrip antenna.. excited by probe, radiators spaced by 0.7 lambda.

Do you need steering?

One point.. what do you mean by "wideband" antenna? P@tch antennas have a narrow bandwidth.. with stacked configuration you can reach.10 %.. you have to quantify your bandwidth.

Hope it helps
Lupin

Lupin said:
Well, I work on planar array antennas.. especially with p@tch radiators.. I can say that in order to match your requirement I´ld use a stacked microstrip antenna.. excited by probe, radiators spaced by 0.7 lambda.

Do you need steering?

One point.. what do you mean by "wideband" antenna? P@tch antennas have a narrow bandwidth.. with stacked configuration you can reach.10 %.. you have to quantify your bandwidth.

Hope it helps
Lupin

in stacked configuration, i think its better to use aperture feeding. and, 70% lambda spacing? u kidding buddy, even 20% couse a high cross pol, well, for GSM900 say, 25cm space? i dont think so.
ok, if the guy needs a one element high gain patch, i recommand him to use a very high permittivitty superstrait (71 forexample), but it couse the antenna to have not a wide bandwidth. i think you buddy better specify your requierments better, specificly these:
BW%, Central Freq., Space limitation, Gain needed, acceptable cros pol level.

mat.
+these days im bussy with my thesis, sorry if cant ingaiged in discussions more, bytheway, nice to meet you guys again :).

When he said "wideband" he mean 1:5 freq bandwidth , so i can't undestand what do you , gays, speaking about ? which patch ?
He looking for ready-to-use solution for portable antenna 1:5 bandwidth and at least +20 dBi gain and he said - " dish is too big , i need somesthing like pensil !". Any offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back