Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Impedance Parameters of an VCVS, CCCS... NEED HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nzorndor

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am posting for the first time, and it is because I need some help with this homework assignment due this friday (March 4).
The assignment is to find the impedance paramter (Z parameters) of a VCVS (with gain Av), CCCS (gain of Ai), VCCS (gain of G[A/V], and CCVS (gain of R[V/A].
The assignment also asks for the admittance, and hybrid, inverse hybrid, transmission, and inverse transmission parameters BUT I can find the rest of the parameters once I know the impedance matrix [z].
the problem is I have no idea what to do. This assignment is just a curve ball and every class member feels the same way. I need some tips to start, or some major help, I am just LOST.
I wrote the entire problem (left nothing out) here, so you know everything I know. In the text book we have, finding the impedance matrix is as such:
Z11 = V1/I1 where I2 = 0.
Z12 = V1/I2 where I1=0
Z21 = V2/I1 where I2 = 0.
Z22 = V2/I2 where I1=0.
I also know that a gain of Av = V2/V1, and Ai = I2/I1 (not 100% of that current gain one), but I do NOT know what G[A/V] or R[V/A] gain is.
Any help is truly, utterly, and completely appreciated, Im lost :cry:

thanks in advance

The vcvs and cccs do not have z and y matrixes.but they do have a T matrix. Here I wanted to point out that you can always represent the two port networks with all types of parameter.

Also the ccvs has z parameter matrice but does not have y matrice and other way around for vccs.

I think that is enough for start up.

---------- Post added at 00:47 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

BUT I can find the rest of the parameters once I know the impedance matrix [z].
Therefore this statement is not always correct.

Milad,

Thank you for the help.
The real issue I was having with is that I had no schematic to look at. No network to actually view makes it sort of hard to do anything :-D

so my teacher just emailed everyone a picture of what he wants us to work out the matrices for, and now it makes a heck of a lot more sense :smile:

Also, I would agree with everything you said EXCEPT VCVS does not have a Z matrix, but it HAS an admittance matrix.

the only thing Im confused on is what an ideal transformer generic 2 terminal network would look like (as once I find that, I can work on deriving the transmission matrix.

if you know what that looks like, that would help very much!

I did say vcvs has not nor z matrix and neither y matrix
For transformer: also it has not z matrix but you can find the T matrix. For incremental transformer with a ratio of n, the matrix will look like:

[1/n,0;0 n]

it seems to me that a VCVS does not have a [z] matrix, because z11 = V1/I1, and I1 = 0 because this is a VCVS, therefore z11 is undefined, and so the matrix does not exist. is this not correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back