Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless Energy Transfer simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

omeralich

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dear all
this may sound a little vague but it is what it is :(. actually i was working on a project to transfer wireless energy using two resonating coils. the design and testing of the hardware turned out pretty well. i managed to feed 56watts and received 39watts at a distance of 1.5 feet.
i know the numbers are not promising but that's exactly what i have to do . i want to optimize the parameters to improve the power transfer and for that i have to simulate different loop types and power losses. i know i should have done this before hand , before designing the hardware but now i really have to save cost and do reverse engineering to optimize it

my actual problem is that i don't know about any software with the capabilities to simulate/design a loop and estimate the EM power transfer.

*i know that the professionals out there will be laughing reading this, but for the newbies like myself, this is not an antenna and does not works on microwave . this is a pure energy transfer by induced electromagnetic field which resonates both coils.

Ok, if anyone understood the problem and willing to help me out, shall be really grateful.

thanks in advance.

cheers

I did similar simulations. The coils are actually antennas, why not?! So, you can really normally simulate this in fullwave EM simulation tool and perform coils optimisation if needed.
Here method of moments (unbounded domian) would be preffered, because I expect later on you will move coils much further away than 1.5 feet.

If you could share problem specs (coils structure, topology, orientation, placement over ground, operating frequency) I could try to simulate that.

Did you check, if a true EM simulation is needed for your design, or if the frequency is sufficient low that an AC magnetic simulation gives correct results as well?

In addition, I would want to contradict your view, that 70 percent efficiency isn't promising. I fear you won't get much better results in realistic setups.

It is kind of depends on your further application. You might need to place those coil in specific enironment and see how well they operate there - in such case true EM simulation is the key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back