Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Light level sensor for automated light dimming system

Status
Not open for further replies.

arisu1love

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I would like to make a simple light level sensor circuit which is used to as input to control the light output of an automated light dimming system. I can only think of using an LDR with a resistor in a voltage divider circuit and connected to the ADC of a microcontroller to get varied voltage readings with changing ambient light.

Are there any better options for this light sensor? This is because I am aware that the resistance versus light level will not be linear. I hope that someone can give me some ideas to get a more linear input and output.

Are you going to make a LIGHT LEVEL METER or LIGHT DETECTOR SWITCH or something else...

I guess using ADC of controller, you can use LDR for any kind of response with the power of programming.

It kind of works like a light level meter. However I am quite worried that the LDR will not give such a good accurate response... so I am kind of finding a better alternate if there is a better one. The light level sensor will be used to detect ambient light...

I am using LDR for light sensing for led's.:smile: THrough practice i come to know that LDR is little slow in response (in micro seconds). :idea:If you use 3 LDR make the average the the result i guess you will find what you want!

OR
you may try TSL250...It is a light to voltage sensor. Photo Transistor may also be used. GOOD LUCK 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back