Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wide band matching of LNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdoeng

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,i want to optimize the input and output matching of LNA atf36077 at x band with center 10 ghz,
is there is away to optimize to cover all the band,i
use single open stub,i know that it is narrow band ,any method to wide the matching other than using single stub
pls reply me

yeah you can make the matching in a wider band by using capacitive (open ckt) and an inductive stub (short ckt) in both the input and output match; this can be done by using a cross junction with the short ckt stub and the oen ckt stub on either side of the main RF line. You may have to do a bit of optimisation on the stub lengths;
8)

For wideband matching you need to use multi-section matching networks and not just a single stub - the wider the bandwidth, the more sections you need

Peter Abrie's book Design of RF and Microwave Amplifiers and Oscillators covers the topic of wideband matching very well

Status
Not open for further replies.