Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for Zuken CR-5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spidyelectronics

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Everyone,

I am new to Zuken products. I have experience in PADS, OrCAD, Cadence and Altium.

Now I have to create some schematics in Zuken CR-5000 and create their repective PCBs. Uptill now I have created some schematics, but failed to convert them to PCB (Though they are very simple).

So can anyone help me for the design entry and the PCB process. I also wanted to know the GERBER file extension used in CR-5000

Wiating for your comments,

Regards,
Spidyelectronics.

They do offer training classes

**broken link removed**

They also offer free downloads that may help you

**broken link removed**

Look for Printed Circuit Board, Production Preparation and Manufacturing Download

Try this to open the Gerber file
How to Verify Gerber Files

Last edited:
Thanks Hotwaterwizard,

I went through all these downloads and various help documents, but unfortunatly non of it contains any process information. So it will be very help full, if I can get the process of creating PCB and linking it with respective schematic.

Regarding gerber files, I open some sample PCB files and try to generate gerbers from it, which results in the generation of "*.phd, *.phl and *.ptb" files. So I wanted to confirm that whether it is right or wrong. I tried to open these files in GerbMagic, but it gives me error that it is not 274X format.

Thanks.

Gerbers are text based so can be manually checked, standard Gerber extensions are .gbr .ger .spl .plt, most Gerber software will parse a file before it loads it so any extension can be used, this is so it can determine whether it is a Gerber format file, then the version, and finaly the format (leading, trailing, integers:decimals etc).
Cant be more specific on CR-5000 as I only use Cadstar.

Thanks Guys for your valuable posts.

As I mentioned earlier, I have created schematic design. And now I wanted to convert it in to the PCB design. So the main problem infront of me is, I am using Zuken product first time in my life. So I am not atall aware of it's basic flow.

I am facing defficulties in the following things
1. I have done with schematic design. Now what will be the next process for PCB designing?
2. Is their any way by which we can link the schematic and PCB? (By which we can make any changes in PCB according to changes in schematic or viceversa).
3. I have used varioous tools like Altium, Protel, Cadence, OrCAD, Allegro etc. In these tools, the gerber file extensions are *.gbr, *.art, *.pho, *.GTL etc and all these are 274X formats. But when I tried to generate gerber files from the CR-5000 sample PCB designs, it gives me "*.phd, *.phl and *.ptb" files, out of which *.phd is the main gerber file (I guess). So I just wanted to know, whether I am right or wrong.

Also, if possible to anyone of you, can you please guide me through process or suggest some tutorials available.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks.

can CR5000 rev12 and rev13 support windows 7?

spidy...
make sure you do have the license in generating the gerber data.Same with the feature of schematic capture

Zuken should provide you with paper manual when you purchased the license.

If not I'm sure you can contact your customer support rep at Zuken.

If your employer expects you to do designs with a system then they should provide training. You mention having used numerous packages for PCB design, this in my opinionis not a good way to work, you cannot master PCB design and a PCB design package in a few days or weeks. Ihave used allwgro and Pads inthe past both for periods of two years plus, but I would not put themon my CV because I do not consider that I know them well enough. You realy need to use one package and learn that properly, and that requires training. Zuken do provide training for CR-5000, get some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back