Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

T-Spice error: "IVAssign1.sp" line 12 Missing MOSFET model definition for "CMOSN"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShikenNoAce

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
T-Spice error: "IVAssign1.sp" line 12 Missing MOSFET model definition for "CMOSN"

Hi Everyone, How are u??

I have a question that i would like to ask to all of u, Currently I'm using T-spice from tanner eda version 13 to simulate simple MOSFET NMOS circuit. But I'm having a problem during simulation where there is an error pop up at the end of simulation. The error quote is as below:-

Fatal Error : "IVAssign1.sp" line 12 Missing MOSFET model definition for "CMOSN" (refer attachments)

Pls educate me, where i did wrong as I'm still new in using this Software. The code that i write is shown below.

* simulation file for I-V curve of NMOS

M1 Out In 0 0 CMOSN L=0.3u W=1.35u
M2 Out In 0 bulk CMOSN L=0.3u W=1.35u

* specify bulk voltage
vbulk bulk 0 -0.5

vOut Out 0
vIn In 0

.dc vOut 0 2.5 0.1 vIn 0.5 2.5 0.5
.print dc i(M1,Out) i(M2,Out)

.include TSMC_SCN025L49Sep03.txt
.end

p/s :- I already include the TSMC_SCN025L49Sep03.txt in directive file.

Attachments

• Missing MOSFET model.png
    Missing MOSFET model.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 191

Re: Need help on T-Spice

Have a look in the TSMC model file to find the correct model names for the transistors - I doubt CMOSN is a correct name.

Keith

Re: T-Spice error: "IVAssign1.sp" line 12 Missing MOSFET model definition for "CMOSN"

Hi shiken, i too am very new to tanner t-spice tool. i too had the same problem. i downloaded the text files from mosis site for the model definitions and included them in the design and got the same error for .35 micron technology, and i think keith is right in that just edit ur text file : .model cmosn nmos --- replace cmosn with nmos , similarly for pmos , then save it and then simulate. it resolved my problem, i don't know how did it help as i am very new to this but it did, well u must try it.

Re: T-Spice error: "IVAssign1.sp" line 12 Missing MOSFET model definition for "CMOSN"

The model files you download have specific names for each of the models. Your netlist needs to use those exact names for it to work.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back