Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I compare AMD & INTEL processor for computing sp

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMD & INTEL

My processor is Intel 3.0E GHz. It's damn hot. When idle, it's 42 deg celcius. When I visit this website ( **broken link removed** ), the system that monitoring cpu temperature starts to ALARM. I check the temperature, it's 65 degree celcius. 23 degree DIFFERENT.

Re: AMD & INTEL

you'll need a really good cpu cooler+heatsink+thermal compound.... otherwise you'll end up with a dead processor(happened to me few years ago with the AMD thunderbird... they run really hot.....)

eep2nw said:
happened to me few years ago with the AMD thunderbird... they run really hot....

the Thuderbirds "used" to run hot. now the term "hot" has been redefined by the new Intel line of microprocessors. now the Intel processors dissipate upto 115W of heat so thats extra super duper hot. have a look at the article https://www.tomshardware.com/cpu/20041114/index.html and especially the page **broken link removed**

have to agree with you on that samcheetah.... now the tables have turned and Intel is facing heat dissipation problems..... for me, AMD rules: faster, cheaper (though the new fx55 cost a bomb!!! ) but otherwise, a good all-rounder..

Any one using AMD 64 processor for Verilog netlist simulation using Cadence tool???

AMD & INTEL

Try refering to the benchmark tests and find which applications on which processors perform the best. Find the processor that best suits your needs.

Recntly I found that my Smash-Simulation (Spice-Flavour) runs at nearly double the speed at an Athlon64-2800 vs. AthlonXP-2400. The memory runs in both cases at 166MHz and is a single channel DDR. I think it has to do with the memory access delay which seems to dominating the simulation speed. I did not have results for P4 but this is exact the performance where the P4 is bad.

AMD & INTEL

i dont think u can overclock and get away without any problems. i dont think intel guys are so foolish that they would design a processor for 3Ghz and then release it as a 2Ghx processor.u cannot overclock around 600Mhz ,u will have a lot of problems ,ur pc will het stuck ..it happened to my friend who had changed the setings in the bios.

AMD & INTEL

i have an intel p4 2.4 Ghz processor and its fan makes damn noise . i think it is bcoz of overheating
fan rpm increase so i am keeping the cabinet open
to remove heat and it works.my friends amd processor is giving better performance than my intel processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back