Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

transfer function of time invariant system

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobobano

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I need some help with my controls class project.

I'm designing a control system to keep the light level in my room constant across the day by adjusting the blinds and the ceiling lamp. To do this I made a system of 4 LDR sensors, 1 per corner. Unfortunately since I don't have access to a light meter and I'm not confident in the formula I derived to change from the LUX measured by the LDRs is correct.

Because of this I'm using the units of the LDR measured by the micro controller (integer 0-1024) and I have derived the formula to calculate what my PWM output to the lamp should be to get my desired LDR reading

My questions are these:
1) Since my formula is time invariant, I'm having some issues finding the transfer function of it, as far as I know you can only find the laplace of a time dependent system, and I need the transfer function so I can simulate it in matlab.

2) Am I correct in assuming that if I multiply the measured LUX of the LDR (by measuring the voltage across it and converting to resistance and then to lux) by the area of the LDR head I can calculate the lumens?

Status
Not open for further replies.