Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

$ sign in extracted hspice netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milad-D

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In the netlist which is extracted by calibre pex, for each component, I get $x $y $d. I think that they are Jus the indication of the location of component in the layout. Therefore if I delete them from the netlist, I will not see any difference In the simulation.

I found that it is true for mos transistor,BUT for MIM capacitor, that was not the case. In fact, without deleting these location parameters for MIM capacitor, I got the weird results.

Can anybody tell me more about these location parameters which are indicated by $ sign in the netlist.

Last edited:

In theory, any information after the $ sign till the end of the line in the spice netlist is considered as comment.
Anyway as I remembler you can suppress the location information output to the netlist during the Calibre PEX run.

Reactions: johnGu

johnGu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
The extracted code for the MIM capacitor was like:
XC1 node1 node2 gnd $x=... $y=... $d=... l=... w=...

I have found that if I delete the coordinates, I get the right post-layout simulation. Without this modification I got very weired simulation results. Interestingly, I have found that if I shift the coordinates to the end of the line, also problem will be solved.

You can aviod the coordinates output in PEX (Calibre interactive using PEX Options-> Netlist->uncheck Output intentional device location).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back