Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stability of Power Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroc

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

This is the first time I design a PA, and I want to check if its stable or not using ADS. Its a Class J, 10W gan amplifier,

Thanks

Class-J actually is just a very well optimized Class-AB for input/output matching and harmonics terminations, to get best linearity and efficiency.
For a linear Class-A PA can be applied the low signal S parameters (and K factor) to get stability information.
Probably the same thing could be applied for Class-AB or Class-J in your case, at least to get some stability information.

Reactions: maroc

maroc

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Class-J actually is just a very well optimized Class-AB for input/output matching and harmonics terminations, to get best linearity and efficiency.
For a linear Class-A PA can be applied the low signal S parameters (and K factor) to get stability information.
Probably the same thing could be applied for Class-AB or Class-J in your case, at least to get some stability information.

Thanks. I used a series resistor in gate to stabilize but have some problem at low frequency. What to do at this point and if I use a parallel capacitor with the resistor, Whats the role of it ?

A gate resistor is a good option to improve stability (check the gain change), but a cap may affect the matching vs frequency, and needs some optimization for your specific case.

Hello maroc
which transistor are you using?? Even i am going for a PA thats class AB.......for x band.......output is 10W.......using ads.........can you show your ads results!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back