Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

long range fm transmitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggydon

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to build a long ( 1km - 2Km) range fm transmitter as a project work but all the circuit i have come across have variable capacitors which iam finding difficult to get at my location ( Ghana):?

To tune a circuit you have to adjust its resonance frequency, as you say the easiest way is to buy a variable capacitor and use that. The other way is to use a fixed capacitor and use a variable inductor. Select a capacitor near the middle of the range offered by the correct one. The circuit should now be tuning too high, so squeeze the turns of the coil together to increase the inductance, or spread them to reduce. A good little too is to have a plastic rod, with a little piece of copper melted in the end and a slug of ferrite on the other end. Putting the copper end into a coil will reduce its inductance, using ferrite will increase the inductance.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.