Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to add test pattern into a sub-model (cpu) and caculate the test coverage in tmax

Status
Not open for further replies.

txy_shaq

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a soc design and I want to add some stimula into the chip to the cpu. How can I do it in tetramax? If not, any other tools? Thanks!

sure! for example, I have a soc design and when I use tmax, I need to use the tcl #run_build_model chip (which is the top model). After the #run_fault_sim, tmax calculate the test coverage of the chip (top level in this case). My question is how to add some stimuli file into a sub module (such as some cpu code in terms of VCDE files, in my case), and let tmax return the test coverage of the top level. For my understanding, tmax cannot do that. Am I right? If this is the case is there any other way that I can somewhat solve it? thx!

are you trying to say that u just want to test the coverage of a particular module in your design(chip). for that case you can set all the other blocks as black boxes and simulate your design
if you are trying to generate the test vector for the whole design just go for run_atpg -auto
i am not getting what do you mean by stimuli file in this case

what I mean is that when I do fault simulation, besides atpg pattern as you metioned, there is another type of test pattern called functional test pattern. That is what I mean of stimuli. Well, for example is I have a block that donot have a scan chain. So it has a low test coverage after atpg test pattern fault simulation. I could run some cpu code to activated some registers in this block. I want to know can I get the test coverage after I run this cpu code? (this cpu code cannot be observed from the top pins).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back