Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

chopper stabilized amplifier design

Status
Not open for further replies.

legend

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
chopper stabilized amplifier

who had designed chopper stabilized amplifier? How to deal with two chopper clocks(ch1 and ch2). two chopper clocks must overlap?

chopper-stabilized amplifier

Hi,

the two clocks shouldn't overlap otherwide you will produce excess noise at DC (which is the opposite of the effect you want.
You must take great care in designing the clock signals, their sinchronization is key factor for good functionality.

nathan

chopper stabilized amplifier schematic

The following is a very good tutorial on the topic.

nathan

chopper stabilized amplifiers design

Hi,nathan,
Thank you for your help! I can't understand the word"sinchronization",may you explain more about the chopper clock design?

nathan said:
Hi,

the two clocks shouldn't overlap otherwide you will produce excess noise at DC (which is the opposite of the effect you want.
You must take great care in designing the clock signals, their sinchronization is key factor for good functionality.

nathan

Please, read carefully the paper and if you have more specific question et me know. I think is has all the important issues addressed.

nathan

Also, please take a look at these two papers from Q. Huang.

nathan

hi.nathan,
very pleased to get your help! After i read these papers,i will ask for your advices.

nathan said:
Also, please take a look at these two papers from Q. Huang.

nathan

are you chopping the amplifier or the gm? any way to get rid of the filter after the chopper?

I've read most of these papers and i understand the concept (i think ) but i cant seems to simulate it out using cadence software. Have anyone tried simulating it using cadence? Really need some help here.

2 JiLO

You can use Cadence Spectre's ability for periodic steady-state analyses (PSS, PAC, Pnoise) for simulating chopper op-amp.

nathan said:

nathan

when can I download your paper, since I have no points now?

Hi,
I have question regarding chopper modulation technique. As in the attached figure, it shows chopper technique application in simple CMOS amplifier. However, here the demodulation is done right before the second stage, not after the 2nd stage common source amplifier.
As we have known, most contribution of noise comes from the input differential amp, and the single ended conversion current mirror. My question is, how do we know that demodulation is done after the current mirror, and thus flicker noise contribution from them is totally removed.

Hi ,
I want to simulate noise performance of chopping amplifier using Hspice. Any one knows how to do it ? Thanks.

wenadinho, in the schematic you posted, only flicker noise of Q1 and Q2 is chopped to high freq. All other transisters still contribute flicker noise to your baseband signal.

nathan said:

nathan
i have enough points todo download.but ireally need it .would you like to send it to my e-mail?i'll appreciate it very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back