Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

DDS Function Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka07

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I am intending to develop a DDS function generator using FPGA with VHDL coding. The function generator can generate a Sine wave, square wave and triangular wave.

At this point I only have a faint idea on how to implement this in VHDL. I presume that NCO is used to generate sine wave using look up tabels ( after some googling and edaboard search) .

Can anyone suggest the logic for generating square wave and triangular and offcourse sine wave using VHDL programming. Some sample codes on NCO and related stuff would also be helpful.

If anyone has done similar work, it would be appreciable if they could mail me their vhdl codes , and test benches if possible.

Please send me the codes to aka.bhagya@gmail.com

Thanks in advance

why try to realize it yourself,it's not so hard.
u just need to make a sine-wave sample values TABLE(that realized with DFF-ARRAYS/Memory which strorage is composed of the index:Address,Value:sine value is ok!) , and just change the index step is ok, by this way ,to change the frequency or pahse.
if u want the coding , you can down it from the Home :: OpenCores , if it was written with the verilog, you can use a tool called xtranslationHDL?maybe, realizing the transazation bettween the veriloghdl and vhdl languages.
So easy ,enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back